Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the BIG things...

Sunday 19 October 2014

Happy Colours Tah-da!

This post is a really colourful one!  
I have finally, after more than a year as a   "almost finished but already in good use" blanket, finished my son's 

"Happy Colours Blanket


This blanket was actually finished last autumn, but the edging remained....
I kept procrastinating the prosess of making all those tiny 1/4 hexagons that I was convinced was crucial for a nice and even border..

The blanket was, however, adopted by the kids immediately, so it has really been in very good use the past year. 

But when I brought it out from summer storage a month ago, I decided that enough was enough: the edging had to be finished!

After fumbling along with those stupid parts of the hexies for days, I frogged the whole idea and started from scratch. 

I chose a different appoach, and made a row of half trebles along the whole blanket first, trying to decrease evenly in the short sides to make it as straight as possible. 
After a few rounds of trial and error, and a lot of frustration, I finally managed to make it look fairly decent, and continued with a few rows of half trebles in the back loops only. I really like this structure, and when using double thread for the edging, the border came out firm and (almost) straight :-)

I added a simple picot to the last row, to make it a little more intereserting. The blanket is for a boy, so it shouldn't  be to "lacy" and sweet. 




Here is this is the final result, laid out in all it's glory :-) ❤️




The edging is not 100% perfect, but I'm quite happy with it anyway!










A close-up of the border on the rippled short sides..








I took it for a test-run on Little Missy's  bed, just to show the size of it. Her bed is 200 x 90 cm.








Happy Colour Therapy! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I'm so o happy I can finally  tick this one off the list.

Now the plan is to finish a few of my other WIPs that keep laying around...
I have quite a few....






Until next time: 

❤️Live - Laugh - Love❤️

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...